Star Fleet Invaison 2999 feedback

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Star Fleet Invasion 2999 feedback

Post by Shane »

Mike has mentioned about SF Invasion 2999 on his site and this forum in the past and thanks to him sending me a disc through the post I've actually got to play it, and it pretty #### good, lots of cool graphical tweaks with all the sounds and music straight from the show (It's certainly a few steps up from my little asteroid game) there was also a 3D shooter game on the disc that was looking pretty Impressive as well. Anyway I thought I would just give some praise to Mike and Dave, as they have mentioned the game before but hardly anyone has been able to play it due to some download problems. The games are very very good. Get em online fellas. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Good news folks - the Star Fleet Invasion download seems to work fine in its current state; I think Mike may be waiting to finish some other pages before announcing it? But all 26MB came down without a hitch and it plays very nicely. It's quite generous about when you get hit I found - advantage of having X shaped wings I suppose! Definitely liked it when you kill off you-know-who's ship. Very authentic - don't suppose there are any shield/X Impusle style powerups in there somewhere?!! It's been a long time since I played space invaders, and you didn't give us any bunkers to hide behind!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Pg DiL - is that a funky way of saying "Legal Practice Course" Mike?! Though of course you're quite right, it is a Diploma too... Whereabouts are you going to sit it? Guildford? PM me if you like. I just did my final elective in E-Commerce (which was amusing, because my knowledge level was pretty much on a par with the bloke teaching it!) so short of the firm going under I'll be qualified in September. 'Bout blinkin' time too!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Re: Star Fleet Invasion 2999 feedback

Post by Crash »

This is me resurrecting a 15-year-dead topic.

I found this file on my PC a little while ago and I upped it to:
http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Star%20Fleet/Fan%20Works

It's a really pretty little game. There's a lot to it.
I got it running under Windows 10. I just had to set the compatibility mode to XP SP2 and it ran like a charm.

What happened to Mike by the way?
Dream big and bold and daring.