Wondering if I can help with 3D

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

Hi SFXB! I own the series (actually the video complitations) and really like this show and others. Particularly Gerry Anderson's work. I'm a GAMMA member and have produced a couple of 3D images. If I can help with Genesis, just post in this topic and I'll see what I can do. If you want a resume, just post below and I'll see what I can do.
NC

Post by NC »

Not sure why you've not had any replies but I'd be interested in seeing what you have done, With Genesis and Terrahawks we need all the help we can get, I think character model are proving the hardest to get done.I've not done anything on Genesis for ages, Andy and Brad took over and were doing so fantastic models.Nigel
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Welcome, Dr. Ben. If you're interested in working on some sorts of 3D creations for Star Fleet, feel free to just post whatever you have! The Genesis project as it exists on these forums isn't very organized and hasn't had much (or any, to be honest) activity for a while. Those of us that frequent SFXB would love to see more contributions.I periodically visit here, but I have taken a sort of retirement from my Star Fleet works. Between trying to finish my university degree and working part-time, I've not made any time to work on my old 3D models and scenes. I'm not much of an expert anyhow; I just muddle around until I get something that looks good. ;)Cheers,Brad
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

Ouch.I'm not good at characters (the aplication I use doesn't do hair) But I'll see what I can come up with. Shiro's hair only appeared once an episode any way so...CheeersBTW, I noticed that you're useing a Mac Brad, correct?APPLE ROCKS!!!!!!!
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Yeah, I am. I don't mean to take this thread too off-topic, but I also run the AppleNova forums, a place that focuses on Apple and other computer technical jiggery pokery.If character models are too difficult (I certainly am no good with them either!), you're welcome to take a hand at some space ships or other pieces of technology. There's nothing wrong with having several versions of the same things. For example, both Nigel and I made separate Imperial fighter models. Both Andy and I made separate X-Bomber models. Both Shane and I made separate Dai-X models. They all look good regardless of who made them and they each have their own distinct style.So, don't be intimidated by what we may already have. Having multiple styles to choose from and share is a good thing!
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

Oh. Personally, haveing seen what you've done in your other thread I'm sure I could animate them into a trailer if I had time and QuickTime VR's. I already downloaded the X Bomber one on SFXB but if you have one of an Imperial carrier I could definately do a battle and get it back to you in QuickTime. Ben
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

By the way here is a PPA I did. It's still raw, lacking the legs, that funny claw thing, the white markings and a lot of texture. But the outline is there. PPA
Crash

Post by Crash »

Are there any plans for the "X-Fighter", which was an integral part of Genesis? Does anyone have any idea what it would look like?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Dr. Ben

Post by Dr. Ben »

What is the X Fighter?!?
NC

Post by NC »

I think you are talking about the X Bomber which is quite important to Genesis there are some nice links in this topic Linky