In-house 3D X Bomber...

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
NC

In-house 3D X Bomber...

Post by NC »

I got 3D world in the post this morning and its go Cinema 4D CD 6 on the cover disc, looks like the rendersize is limited to 600x400.It also has C4D R8 demo on there
AndyThomas

In-house 3D X Bomber...

Post by AndyThomas »

I upgraded from a coverdisc offer, and they keep on at me to get the latest version but it just isn't worth the investment for what I use it for. The main advantage is that I have the manual if I need it - although the amount of support Brad gives I hardly need it!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
NC

In-house 3D X Bomber...

Post by NC »

Support from another user is often of far more use than a manual, I often find studying other peoples models a good way of learning as well.Recently got myself a Character tutorial DVD for Lightwave, an area I've never really got involved in, but after watching these tutorials I've found way to improve my ship models as well.The cover disc might be a nice way of others to help out with the StarFleet Genesis project, how is the X Bomber coming along BTW
AndyThomas

In-house 3D X Bomber...

Post by AndyThomas »

Haven't had time to look at it recently, but I'd just figured out how to get some textures to behave, so...
AndyThomas

In-house 3D X Bomber...

Post by AndyThomas »

Hm, I'd forgotten I had my own thread for this. So I should have posted this here and not in Brad's thread:I don't think I can give you a figure overall for time spent, I've done it in little bursts over a very long period of time. I'm using textures donated by Brad but the problem with using screen captures is that the lighting's a bit different across them. So although this looks quite nice and reaslistic, it could be difficult to work it across the whole ship which is why, I think, Brad has opted to make his own textures. I haven't gotten as far as Brad in terms of doing little details either, and there are a lot of them...