corridors and walkways?

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
Bradster

corridors and walkways?

Post by Bradster »

I've got a question regarding some details on the X-Bomber...I started on some detailing work and wanted to build a real corridor to be seen through the windows on the observation ring.Well, I have absolutely no idea what that interior here looks like on the "real" X-Bomber. I recall a chase scene where Shiro is running after Lamia, but I think those were just generic corridors. So, I have taken a page from Star Trek: The Next Generation and modeled this section after the corridors on the Enterprise D.What do ya'll think? Here is a QuickTime video of the corridor showing through the windows in a close-by camera pass:http://brad.project-think.com/starfleet/window-pass.mov (259 KB)Thus, my question is this: is the interior of this section ever actually shown in the series? If so, does anyone remember what episode it was? I have the 8-volume set of VHS tapes; so, I can look for it once I have a general idea of *which* tape it could be on.Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
AndyThomas

corridors and walkways?

Post by AndyThomas »

Good grief, he's doing interiors now! I was actually thinking about just which rooms those windows look in on. Logically, the laser turrets on the bridge are housed in the windows on the flat surface on the nose forward of what I call the observation deck in my model. That strikes me as a little restrictive, line of fire wise, but anyway...Now, that big window - is it a corridor, or does it open up onto the conference room? I imagine it could open up onto a corridor that gives access to the conference room... I'd have to go and watch the series again myself, but you're right Brad, there are episodes where corridors are shown, often as back projection if the characters are running. Might be worth flicking through my episode guide as a reference, although it wasn't really designed to call out points like that...http://www.sfxb.co.uk/episodes/
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

corridors and walkways?

Post by Bradster »

Funny you should mention the turrets. I was just looking at my original, horribly disproportioned model from over a year ago and saw that I'd gone so far as to put a crude gun and chair in the window!:oAnd, of course, the slim window on the nose of the ship is the view from the inside of the bridge.Anyhow, I do seem to remember someone (probably Lamia) staring out through one of those "bubble" windows. I'll have to speed through the old shows later today to try and find it.
Chris Snape

corridors and walkways?

Post by Chris Snape »

You have to remember guys that the models used were not of the same. Therefore the interior designs might not actually work out to fit in the actual model. I agree with Andy in that the guns are mounted in the circular windows on the nose of the ship.PS. Loving your work so far, very interesting!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Bradster

corridors and walkways?

Post by Bradster »

Actually, the turrets are on the bridge, wolf2k2. They are just a few steps higher and pushed off to the back corners. You can see them in the back occasionally in some interior shots. So, the bridge spans from the circular windows down to the slim, rectangular window in the front of the nose.
AndyThomas

corridors and walkways?

Post by AndyThomas »

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd particularly as you see Shiro shooting at the MonMons which were on X Bomber's wings. However, I think you could probably make that shot and the placement isn't all that daft when you consider how wide X Bomber is behind the neck. Although any turret should have built-in limits so that it can't shoot its hull unless you really, really want it to!
Chris Snape

corridors and walkways?

Post by Chris Snape »

Tell that to the designer of the sand skimmer in Return of the Jedi!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
AndyThomas

corridors and walkways?

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Chris Snape on 1:13 pm on Aug. 15, 2002Tell that to the designer of the sand skimmer in Return of the Jedi! Funnily enough, I had that in mind when I posted!