Long ago, I attempted to build a model of the X-Bomber in an older version of Cinema 4D. That model was made from just a few crude sketches I had made by hand after watching only a couple of the Star Fleet videos and was also, in fact, one of my first attempts at tinkering in 3D. I soon became frustrated with it and gave up, leaving only this half-finished mesh. The textures were simplistic, the details were few, and the proportions were terribly skewed and distorted.When I recently joined this board and starting building new Star Fleet models, I thought back to the old mesh and tried to decide what to make of it. Should I fix it? No. I have finally decided to ignore it completely and start from scratch. Thanks to this detailed scan from the Manga Max article, I now have an excellent template to work from. In addition, I've captured a series of pans from the videos to my computer for reference. I'm really excited about this model and am prepared to put a lot of detail into it.Thus, today I started it all anew. I loaded that scan image into C4D and started extrapolating the key parts. I've only cleaned up the front half; so, the back still looks a bit blocky and weird. I'm also making new textures for each part, but I've been using the above scan as a texture in C4D to ensure I keep the shapes right. Here's a QTVR of what I've made so far. Remember, it's just one day's work... nowhere near completion yet.http://brad.project-think.com/starfleet ... est-vr.mov
(3.3 MB)Well, I'm probably boring you all to sleep with my constant stream of "samples" of every little model by now. So, I'll keep quiet about this one 'til it is actually 100% finished and ready to go.Wish me luck! I hope you'll like the end product!