New Pics

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
NC

New Pics

Post by NC »

To try and save Andy more work I'll try to do this myself This is a new pic, with added bits, but I'm not rebuilding the main hull as I like it
NC

New Pics

Post by NC »

Small weapons test
NC

New Pics

Post by NC »

Just to boost the thread a bit, and seeing as nobody else is around today... echo..oooo.ooo.oo.oo.oI know there are rumblings about the X Bomber but I think I will finally start mine...Nigel
AndyThomas

New Pics

Post by AndyThomas »

Rockin'! I don't think that needs anything doing to it - I don't know, perhaps it isn't spot on as such but I think it LOOKS the part and that's the main thing! I notice the second one has little cones on the wing thrusters - I think that rounds it off nicely. How long would it take to render an animation of a bit of formation flying?!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
NC

New Pics

Post by NC »

It could really use a texture map on the body to complete it, but I could knock up a quick test.Nigel
AndyThomas

New Pics

Post by AndyThomas »

One thing I forgot - in the series, the canopy's too small for the pilots to get in through so I assume there's a door in the side (as shown in the comics).  It's a minor point and I think it would wreck the lines of your fighter, and you could justify the absence of it because I think drones could get in through your canopy if it hinged up or whatever...  Of course, there may be just be a door round the back I can't see! ;)
NC

New Pics

Post by NC »

When I find out who did this to my ship... someone flipped it upside down.There seems to be a hatch under there I only put it in because in one of the Lookin strips they had something being ejected from underneath one of them.I suppose the pilot could use it to get in, of course my fighter does have a larger canopy so they could get in there if I hinge it Nigel
AndyThomas

New Pics

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh ;) You know, this does make me think of something else practical about the fighter... Have a look at this:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/sfgfx/LookIn18683.jpgNow have a look at the fighter. How does it manage to say level when it's parked on a deck?! The comic cannily doesn't show how it manages that little trick - although it could be held in Star Fury-esque sort of way, I suppose, when not attached to a carrier... Unfortunately I haven't got scans of the other comics from around that time, although F Zero One may have...
AndyThomas

New Pics

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, yes, there we are - have a look at Comic Strip 2 - 13a on F Zero One.http://users.zeronet.co.uk/z101079....dex.htmMike Noble's put a pair of landing struts at the rear of the fighter - not sure where they'd come from, although perhaps you could have one pair of those struts holding the engines flip down or something. Doesn't really matter it if it's never landed of course!
Shane

New Pics

Post by Shane »

It's certainly a lovely 3D model of the fighter. I guess how the pilot enters the ship isn't important. You never see the Tie Fighter pilots in Star Wars getting into or out of their ships. Was there ever any explaination of how the Star Fury pilots managed to board there ships? That always puzzled me. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!