Teaser pic...

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
AndyThomas

Teaser pic...

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Bradster on 12:32 am on Feb. 13, 2002Right now I'm testing a short scene with three Imperial Fighters chasing and shooting down a shuttlecraft (a Star Trek shuttle... gotta use other sci-fi meshes as placeholders for now ;)). Now this is what I'm talking about! Just to get you in the right mood, here's a nice site for inspiration - particularly if you want to take a mixed-series approach!http://www.spacebattles.com/Are you familiar with Babylon 5 Crusade, or A Call To Arms the television movie? Compare the Excalibur with the X Bomber. Now seeing those two side by side would be funny!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Teaser pic...

Post by Shane »

Being a 3D thread. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good, cheep and easy to use 3D design package. I've made a few drawings of the Delta Z now, but I would really like to be able to make some kind of basic 3d model so I can have a much more tangible idea of how it will look and work. Any help would be sweet.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
NC

Teaser pic...

Post by NC »

Shane if you want the cheap, how about free MAYA PLEhttp://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Community/Spe ... VBRT4QThis is the software they used for Star Wars, Final Fantasy, and probably every other film made these days.It'll take some learning but its a great piece of software, you might have to wait a few days for it to be released.Andy did mention earlier Blender, not my favourite piece of software and Andy, I would also point you in the direction of Maya PLENigel(Edited by NC at 6:16 pm on Feb. 13, 2002)
Bradster

Teaser pic...

Post by Bradster »

I agree with Nigel: get the Maya PLE.I've only tinkered very briefly with Maya, but I do know that you can't beat the price! I think the only limitations on the free copy are that you must save to a proprietary format and that the images are watermarked.
Shane

Teaser pic...

Post by Shane »

Thanks for the info gents, that really looks the business, and at a price that just can't be beat. I'm definitely going to have to get some more memory for my computer though (it's a mere 32mb at the moment) I can upgrade to a maximum of 256mb, using SDRAM DIMM "thingymebobs". I've noticed that the one I want to buy comes in two versions, a PC 100 and a PC133. I'm probably being very thick but is there a difference between the two and which would fit in my computer, an: e tower 566 intel celeron "jobbie"Thanks,Shane.
Jim Box

Teaser pic...

Post by Jim Box »

Shane if your PC has a 133mhz bus then installing pc100 memory will cause it to slow down despite the extra RAM, after all a bus designed to run at 133 will only run at 100 due to the bottleneck.However installing PC133 RAM on a 100Mhz system will not cause any problems, as I believe, it just means that the new RAM will not be running at the speed it was designed to. ie only running at 100 instead of 133.HTH Jim
Shane

Teaser pic...

Post by Shane »

Cheers Jim. I'll get that memory ordered post haste.Thanks again,Shane.