Here's a little page where I've pulled together some nice things about the project.
- Sprited The Skull; space sailing-ship.
- Sprited: Alliance Tanker, Prototype astrofighters, and Scout ships; EDF Tanker, Shuttle.
- Brian (www.venturenine.com)
- Great website you have here. I really like what you did with tagger. And your game is awesome. I love shootem ups like this!
I wish I knew how to make games like that. anyways, keep up the great work. love it.
- According to the development section you're creating a secret level. How do you access this level when it comes out?
- Crash Override
- Uh, dunno - I'll figure it out when I come to it. I figure a hidden powerup later in the game
- Can't wait to see the next release of X-Bomber! Keep up the awesome work! Been playing since XB1.
- XB1 was a long time ago! I didn't know anyone had been following the game for so long.
Thank you very much for the encouragement. It really means a lot.
The engine for X-Bomber 0.8 is looking very good. The Mission 14 Boss design isn't finished yet.
I think I'll release what I have when I've tidied up a few loose ends, call it v0.8 and just say 'I.O.U one Boss'.
X-Bomber 0.84 - Games - Downloads - PC Advisor
Review of v0.84 at Download Crew
X-Bomber is a fast, fun 2D space shooter - betanews
- "From the start of the game you get to see a very well made menu system which gets you in the mood. The next thing you notice are the AWESOME weapons and great effects. Switching between weapons is a breeze, and all of them look fantastic". "Sounds are perfect, from music to sound effects, this feels like you are in an arcade. Perfect" - Daily Click [ Review ]
- "Laser Torpedoes rock, we need more More MORE!!!" - The Phantom Hack
- "the game graphics look great". "Great retro feel to the whole thing"
- "Brilliant layout, graphics are clean and sharp and most importantly the controls are very responsive" - Shane
- "Thanks for the addiction" - (Email), "X-Bomber 2.0... Brilliant!" - Egglord,
I remember that X-Bomber 2.0 Alpha was first demonstrated to anyone at a 2004/5 New Years' party somewhere in Durham. Peoples' responses to it were really kind. Once we'd recovered the following morning, I remember one friend saying: "I can't remember much about last night - but that game of yours was fantastic!".
One thing that people have said about the game, that I like to remember is when a friend walked up to me very quickly and it was clear that they had something that they really wanted to say to me. It was: "X-Bomber 2.0... Brilliant!".
People also reacted really well to the new Dai-X system. I asked some friends over MSN to help playtest it. The responses ranged from: "That is SUPERB" to "Oh that's uber-cool"
- Hunter - Lumia 950 black (2016.04)
- Juliet - Lenovo Flex 10 (2015.2)
- Celeron N2840 4GB 320GB Win 10
- Rain - PC Specialist Vortex III / Clevo P150EM (2013.4)
- i7 3630QM 16GB Radeon HD 7970M 1TB Momentus XT, 1TB Scorpio Blue 1080p matte 95% gamut
- Crystal (2012.4)
- Phenom II X6 1045T Crosshair V Formula 16GB Vengeance Blue XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD Black 2TB F4, 2TB WD20EARX, 4TB Deskstar, 6TB WD60EZRX Aerocool DS200 Black Window Edition OCZ ZT 650W Corsair H80i V2
- Klan - Dell XPS m1730 (2011.3 - 2013.3)
- X9000 8GB 2x 8800M GTX 2x WD 250GB 7200rpm 1200p TrueLife
- Akina - Time Platina (2004.4-2012.4)
- 64_3200+ K8N-E Deluxe 1GB HiS HD4670 160GB Momentus 7200.2, 320GB T166, 1TB Barracuda 7200.12
- Rangiku - Rock X770 / Clevo M570RU (2007.8 - 2012.4)
- T7700 2GB GeForce Go 7950 GTX 500GB 7200.4 G-Force 1200p X-Glass
- Katie - Time Ultima 800-7 (2000 - 2006)
- Athlon 800 MS-6167 256 MB RIVA TNT2 64 30GB SB Live 1024
Level 16 Mid-level Boss
To Do List
Contact and Links
X-Project Player Ships
Extra Player Ships