Star Fleet: Arcade
Star Fleet: Arcade was a retelling of the Star Fleet TV show in video game format.
The game consisted of a number of genres, including:
- Vertical, 360' and horizontal-scrolling space shooter missions by me
- Platforming and fighting levels by Dave Surridge / Zordon
It was a stellar game for its time but, in the end, we both started work on other things and didn't have time to finish it.
Pretty much everything that I made for Star Fleet Arcade found its way into X-Bomber.
The first level; Moonbase was incorporated into X-Bomber's training mission.
I still have plans to incorporate a freighter escort mission into X-Bomber in order to incorporate the gameplay from level 2.
A good deal of level 3 was incorporated into X-Bomber's mission 3.
Level 4 was incorporated into X-Bomber when you revisit Sargasso in mission 7 of X-Bomber.
Level 5 was effectively incorporated into X-Bomber when the Dai-X became a player ship alongside X-Bomber.
- 1. EDF Moonbase
- (X-Bomber, Rail shooter)
- 2. Asteroid Belt
- (X-Bomber, Freighter escort)
- 3. Jupiter Base
- (X-Bomber, 360' shooter)
- 4. Sargasso
- 5. Battlecruiser Approach
- (Dai-X, Horizontal-scroll)
The way Star Fleet: Arcade was developed was actually pretty good because the project was pretty-much-always 'demo-ready'. All the levels that we started were all complete and playable.
- 2003.12 - Project announced
- 2003.10.23 - All levels almost done
- 2003.09.21 - First 3 levels almost done
- Summer 2003 - Planning
To Do List
Contact and Links
X-Project Player Ships
Extra Player Ships